Horror photos show the true scale of the floods that have recently hit Spain, with wrecked vehicles washing up in a car "graveyard".
Aerial shots taken in a junkyard outside Paiporta in the province of Valencia show mud-covered cars that were swept away and destroyed by flash floods. The shocking images reveal some vehicles turned upside down, while others had their windows or windscreens destroyed.
The fronts and rears of some vehicles look completely crushed, and the junkyard itself is full of mud. More than 200 people have been killed in the floods - and many of the victims were found dead in their cars.
Clean-up efforts are continuing in the region, with volunteers coming together to remove mud from the affected areas. At the weekend, more than 100,000 people took to the streets in Valencia to protest against the way authorities handled the floods - and demanding the resignation of regional head Carlos Mazón.
Many marchers held up homemade signs or chanted "Mazón Resign!" Others carried signs with messages like "You Killed Us!" Protesters, who have accused local authorities of issuing flood warnings far too late, clashed with police towards the end of the demonstrations.
Valencia City Hall was smeared with mud, prompting the city's mayor, María José Catalá, to post pictures of broken windows and a window appearing to show a fire being started on social media, with the caption: "Vandalism is not the solution." Earlier on Saturday, Mr Mazón told regional broadcaster À Punt that "there will be time to hold officials accountable," but that now "is time to keep cleaning our streets, helping people and rebuilding." He said that he "respected" the march.
Mr Mazón, of the conservative Popular Party, is also being criticised for what people perceive as the slow and chaotic response to the natural disaster. While thousands of volunteers began clean-up efforts in the worst-affected areas of Valencia's southern outskirts, it took days for officials to mobilise the thousands of police reinforcements and soldiers that the regional government asked central authorities to send in.
In Spain, regional governments are charged with handling civil protection and can ask the national government in Madrid, led by the Socialists, for extra resources. Mr Mazón has defended his handling of the crisis saying that its magnitude was unforeseeable and that his administration didn't receive sufficient warnings from central authorities.
But Spain's weather agency issued a red alert, the highest level of warning, for bad weather as early as 7.30am on Tuesday morning as the disaster loomed. Some communities were flooded by 6pm. It took until after 8pm for Mr Mazón’s administration to send out alerts to people's cellphones.
Mr Mazón was with Spain's royals and the Socialist prime minister when they were pelted with mud by enraged residents during their first visit to a devastated area last weekend. Sara Sánchez Gurillo attended the protest because she had lost her brother-in-law, 62-year-old Candido Molina Pulgarín.
She said his body was found in a field of orange trees after he was trapped by the water in his home in the town of Cheste, west of Valencia. She wanted Mr Mazón to go, but also had harsh words for the country's leaders.
"It's shameful what has happened," Ms Sánchez said. "They knew that the sky was going to fall and yet they didn't warn anyone. They didn’t evacuate the people. We want them to resign!
"The central government should have taken charge. They should have sent in the army earlier. The king should have made them send it in. Why do we want him as a symbolic figure? He is worthless. The people are alone. They have abandoned us."